Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Santa Monica

So after I dropped my parents off at the airport, I hoped on the highway and drove to the beach!  So I'm alone in California for the first time, I turn the radio on, and the first song I hear is this:



Too funny!  It was a sign.  I was just meant to be here for a little while :)




So this is Santa Monica:












The waves here are huge.  Here is a video of them. The video is a little blurry due to sunscreen on the lens!





So that is the beach/boardwalk at Santa Monica. Huge waves, freezing cold water, lots of sand, 68 degrees, tourists, volleyball courts, workout stations along the beach, street performers on the boardwalk, yellow life guard trucks patrolling the beach, helicopters everywhere....pretty much explains it all!



5 things @ the Santa Monica Board Walk:

-One guy trying to surf with over 1000 people watching him...Bet he was feeling the pressure!

-There was this guy on the boardwalk charging people to pose for pictures with his snakes..One of which was the yellow and white kind that are stinking huge.  WHY would you touch one of those things?!

-Tons of future hopefuls set up on the boardwalk playing their pianos, singing their songs, and selling their CDs.

-There are TRAPEZE lessons on the boardwalk.  You can pay for a private one-hour lesson to learn a main trapeze trick.  I watched a guy do it and he wasn't bad at all! I may have to try flying through the air on a tiny bar before I leave!

-They have a ferris wheel, roller coaster, and other rides and games at the boardwalk and to my surprise they were reasonably priced!  The ferris wheel was only $3! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment